7th Global Communication Forum Call for Papers
7th Global Communication Forum
“Cultural Identity and Regional Development in the Era of Global Networking and Big Data”
Call for Papers
Global Communication Research Institute of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, which is established in 2007 for the purpose of “Sharing Global Vision and Spreading China Experiences”, will hold the 7th Global Communication Forum on July 16-17th, 2016 in Guiyang City, Guizhou Province, China. This conference will be cosponsored by Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Guizhou Minzu University, Guizhou Communication Association, Yunnan University, Sichuan University, Shih Hsin University (Taiwan), Purdue University, Copenhagen Business School (Denmark) and International Communication Association. This is the first time that the Global Communication Forum is held in the western region of China. It marks that this academic platform has a development vision for future development in further compatible with the globalization and localization, the service to the society progresses, and the extension of the brand effect.
The Conference’s goals are the following:
? To provide communication researchers an opportunity to reflect on the relationship between the changing media environment, cultural identity and the transformation of the social landscape.
? To create a space for dialogue between communication researchers from around the world and promote regional and international research partnerships.
? To bridge the collaboration of communication research and education between the western region of China and other regions of China, as well as all over the world.
1. Conference Subjects
This conference focuses on the cultural identity and regional development under the background of global networking..We welcome all researching achievements related to this field, including communication topics of cultural, economics, political and other related areas. In other words, we wish to focus on the topics of cultural identity and overall development of the society and the community in the new media environment. Of course, we also welcome other related papers. Research topics include, but are not limited to:
· Cultural identity in the era of new media and big data
· Regional development in the era of new media and big data
· Reflections and prospects of globalization and localization
· Inheritance and innovation of traditional culture
· The cultural conflict and cultural fusion in the environment of new media and big data
· The influence of Internet on adolescents
· The impact of the Internet on minorities
· New media and International communication
· New media and intercultural communication
· Digital divide and media literacy in the new media era
April 1st, 2016
June 15th, 2016
Decision Notices Will Be Sent
Before June 30th, 2016
July 15th, 2016
Registration fee: RMB 600 (Students RMB 300)
3. Email Address for Paper Submission
GCF7th@hotmail.com, contacts: Xue Chu, Jing Yao
4. Submission Guidelines
· Format: Papers will be subject to masked competitive review. Papers may be submitted in either English or Chinese. If submitted in English, papers must use the APA style (6th edition); if submitted in Chinese, papers must use the APA style (6th edition) or follow the standard of Chinese academic publishing. All submissions must be in one of the formats: MS Word or PDF.
· Length. The full paper should not exceed 8000 words, including abstract, tables/images, and references.
· Documents: All tables, graphs, figures, pictures, and/or Appendices associated with your submission must be included with the main text in a single electronically submitted document.
· Author identification. The author needs to submit their personal information: (1) Name, (2) researching field, (3) current affiliation(s) and address(es), (4) mailing and email addresses (if different from current affiliation), (5) current degree, (6) keywords, and (7) language in which paper, if accepted, would be presented (that is, either English or Chinese).
Each attendee must register on-site, and pay registration fee, RMB 600 (Students RMB300), cash only. The registration fee covers the costs for meeting rooms, forum materials, snacks and beverage, lunches, and closing dinner banquet. Attendees will pay the costs of transportation, accommodation, and breakfast by themselves.
6. Conference Site
Guizhou Minzu University, Guiyang, Guizhou Province. (Detailed address to be decided)
7. Conference Organizers and Sponsors
Global Communication Research Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
School of Media and Design, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Institute of Cultural and Creative Industry, Shanghai Jiao Tong University - University of Southern
School of Communication, Guizhou Minzu University
Guizhou Communication Association
Institute of Communication and Ethnic Culture, Yunnan University
College of Literature and Journalism, Sichuan University
Shanghai Institute, Shin Hsin University, Taiwan
Brian Lamb School of Communication, Purdue University
Department of Intercultural Communication and Management, Copenhagen Business School,
International Communication Association (ICA)
March 28th, 2016