Yitong Huang has an interdisciplinary training background in media, psychology and Human-Computer Interaction.A central theme of her work is how to design interactive user experiences to make people healthier and happier. This involves informing designs with user requirement elicitation studies, building novel technologies to address unmet user needs, and studying how digital technologies are used “in the wild”.
Yitong obtained her Ph.D degree from the University of Nottingham in the UK. Her PhD research was supervised by Prof. Steve Benford and Prof. Holly Blake, and was looking at health behaviour change interventions delivered with Internet of Things. Prior to that, she had completed her master’s and bachelor’s studies at University College Londonand City University of Hong Kong respectively.
1. Spence J., Darzentas D., Huang Y.*, Cameron H., Beestin E., Benford S. (2020) VRtefacts: Performative Substitutional Reality with Museum Objects. Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Designing Interactive Systems, 627-640 http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3357236.3395459
2. Huang Y.*, Benford S., Price D., Patel R., Li B., Ivanov A., Blake H. (2020) Using Internet of Things to Reduce Office Workers’ Sedentary Behaviour: Intervention Development Applying the Behaviour Change Wheel and Human-Centred Design Approach. JMIR mHealth and uHealthhttps://doi.org/10.2196/17914SCI, IF4.31
3. Huang Y.*, Benford S., Blake H. (2019) Digital Interventions to Reduce Sedentary behaviours in office workers: scoping review. Journal of Medical Internet Researchhttps://doi.org/10.2196/11079, SCI, IF 5.03
4. Huang Y.*, Benford S., Hendrickx H., Treloar R., Blake H. (2017). Office Workers’ Perceived Barriers and Facilitators to Taking Regular Micro-breaks at Work: A Diary-Probed Interview Study. PERSUASIVE 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10171. Springer, Cham, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-55134-0_12
5. Skatova A., Bedwell B.,Shipp V., Huang Y., Young A., Rodden T. and Bertenshaw E. (2016). The Role of ICT in Office Work Breaks In: CHI'16 Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems Pages 3049-3060,https://doi.org/10.1145/2858036.2858443
6. Huang Y.*, Skatova A., Bedwell B., Rodden T., Shipp V., Bertenshaw E. 2015. Designing for Human Sustainability: The Role of Self-Reflection In: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services Adjunct - MobileHCI '15. 1042-1045, https://doi.org/10.1145/2786567.2794323